The knife is one of the most common households and survival tools. It has been used since the ancient times for a wide variety of purposes that include hunting and surviving the outdoors. In modern times, the purpose of the knife has not yet been changed and while it is now used for many more purposes indoors as well, the roots remain the same.
Knives come in a wide variety of types and they all have different purposes. We have scoured the web to find the ultimate knife resources and articles that you can use. These will answer all of your questions regarding knives and how they should be used. We also searched far and wide to find out how many of these knives can be used to their fullest capacity.
Resource Guide To Understand Different Knife Types:
Not every knife looks or works the same and many knife expert will know the differences between all the knives they see. It will also be a complete waste of time if you buy the wrong knife for a specific job. These resources are designed to help you understand the wide variety of knives and what they can be used for:
Types Of Knives To Get You Started:
- The hunting knife – The first knife many people look for is the hunting knife and this knife is used for hunting purposes mostly. However, it can also be used for survival purposes when you are stranded in the wilderness.
- The survival knife – If you love backpacking, but hunting is not as important to you, the survival knife will be your best friend. It comes in multiple different shapes and sizes and can easily be used outdoors. The reason I love the survival knife is the amount of versatility that it offers.
- Tactical knife – The tactical knife is mostly used for stabbing and these are also the knives you will see carried by the military personnel. If you need something for self-defense, the tactical knife will be your best friend to keep you safe.
- Kitchen Knife – If you find yourself working in the kitchen all day, you will certainly look for the kitchen knife or chef knife. These knives are somewhat more complex, but with this handy little article, you will understand much more about them.
- Throwing knives – The throwing knife is also one of the older knives and it can definitely be a fun toy to play with. However, the throwing knives are not all the same and understanding all of the differences will be a great way for you to look for one yourself. This small article should help you understand the history and some of the features of the throwing knife.
Uses For Knives:
- What knife should I use and when – This handy little article will teach you all the ins and out when it comes to kitchen knives and which kitchen knife should be used for what purpose. If you are a culinary enthusiast, this will be a great read.
- How to use a knife outdoors – If you spend many times outdoors, you might need a knife that can help you outdoors. This small little article will break down some of the uses for knives outdoors and this could simplify your life.
- Best ways to use a knife in survival situations – Are you planning to go on an outdoor survival trip? If so, you need to understand how knives can be used for survival purposes. Here are a decent few tips that should allow you to learn a little more when it comes to survival skills with a knife.
How to use a pocketknife – The pocketknife is something that can be really interesting when used correctly. Some of them are small, but others will have numerous tools that can be used to your advantage. In this article, you should learn some of the uses for the various types of pocketknives.
Videos To Help You Use Your Knife:
- How to use a lockable pocket knife – The lockable pocket knife is a little different than what you might be used to, but it is still extremely functional, if you are looking to find out how to use these knives, this should be a great resource.
- How to use a hunting knife – As we have mentioned, the hunting knives will vary from one to the other, but this does not mean that one is better than the other. If you are a serious hunter, you should know how to use most of them and this video will ensure that can do exactly that.
- How to use a karambit – The karambit is a knife that is as old as the mountains, but the knife is extremely functional and should definitely offer you decent self-defense. If you have a karambit and you don’t understand the different design or what to use it for, this video will be the perfect way for you to start as a beginner.
- Throwing knife for beginners – If you are considering the throwing knife, it is important that you do some research and find out some of the techniques that are used by professionals. While you might not necessarily be using these expert techniques, you can find a lot of tips for beginners. This short video should help you to hit your target a little more often.
- The ninja star vs. the throwing knife – The ninja star might not be completely related to the throwing knife, but they do serve some of the same purposes. Some people might have one around the house and now you can break it out and start playing with it. The ninja star is really fun and here are a couple of the differences between it and the throwing knife.
- The simple way to sharpen your knives efficiently – Each knife needs to be sharpened differently and with all the different types of steel, it can be really easy to forget how to or mess up. This little video will definitely help you sharpen your knife with the utmost of ease.
- How to use a tactical knife for self-defense – It is no secret that society is becoming more and more dangerous and people need to keep themselves protected. The gun might be the best option, but we cannot always find this nor have access to it. The tactical knife is perfect for self-defense and definitely, something you should consider learning to use.
Using a hunting knife for skinning – If you are an avid hunter, you will know the importance of skinning and gutting your kill before you move on. This will protect the integrity of the meat and ensure that you can move forward while using the meat on a later occasion. This small video should help you understand the process of skinning and gutting with your hunting knife.
Knife Safety Tips And Tricks
- How to safely use your blade in combat – Knife safety is fundamentally important and without the right skills, it can definitely lead to some serious injuries. If you are serious about using and having knives, this article is a great read to ensure you are safe.
- Safely clean your knife and tools – The knife always needs to be clean, it might sometimes even rust if not take care off. However, there is numerous risk associated with cleaning a sharp knife and now you can find out how to do it the safe way.
- Sharpening your knife without damaging it – The knife will eventually lose some of its sharpness and this can certainly lead to a couple of problems. When it comes to sharpening your knife, you need to ensure that you do it correctly, as you might even damage the steel. This article contains great tips to help you understand the sharpening process efficiently.
- How to safely sharpen your knife without a sharpener – This is something that many of you might be wondering as the knife sharpener is not always available. There are many things around the house that can also be used for sharpening your knife and this article will teach you exactly how to go about doing so.
Important knife safety tips to keep in mind – If safety is your main concern as it should be, there are a couple of knife safety tips that you can keep in mind. Some of these tips will be really helpful to a wide variety of different knives that you might own.
Understanding The Different Types Of Materials Used For Knives:
- Stainless steel knives – Stainless steel is the most common material that is used for the construction of knives. It is lightweight and affordable. If you want to learn more about stainless steel and knives, this article should be handy.
- Other types of blade materials – There are many different types of other materials that are also used and if you are looking for a little more knowledge on them, you should easily find it here.
With a better understating of knives in general, you can have so much more fun with your knife. These resources will definitely help you understand some of the fundamentals when it comes to your knife. We would recommend that you go through all of these resources and you will come out as a true knife expert.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we would also like you to share some of your thoughts on these resources. We hope that you have found them helpful and we would like you to share some of the resources you commonly use for learning more about knives